Join us December 8-10!
Excitement is building around the upcoming solar eclipses and stunning images coming from the JWST. Together let's increase science literacy through the public’s excitement about space, new telescopes, and modern astronomy!
We invite Astro 101 instructors, K-12 educators, scientists, science communicators, and public engagement professionals in astronomy and related fields to join us all for ASP2022: Virtual Conference. Whether you teach astronomy to students, engage the public in astronomy live or online, or design astronomy learning experiences, the virtual 134th Annual Meeting of the ASP is not to be missed!
Program strands for ASP2022 include:
- Teaching Astronomy – New Opportunities, Tools, Innovations, and Resources
- Getting Ready for Upcoming Solar Eclipses!
- Modern Astronomy and Big Data: New Challenges in Science Communication
- Doing Public Astronomy Engagement in Informal Settings
- Communicating Astronomy through New Media
- Engaging the Public in Science via Amateur Astronomy & Citizen Science
- Advancing Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Access & Social Justice
- Addressing Climate/Environmental Science & Preserving Dark Skies
Reconvene with colleagues from around the world, update folks on what you've been working on, and learn about best practices, innovative ideas, lessons learned, research findings, and evaluation results from our global community.
Abstract Submissions Open (extended thru Nov 1; 8:59pm PT)
Registration (Early Bird through Nov 15; 8:59pm PT