Registration is now Live!
August 19, 2022 - One-Day Virtual Event
Save with Early Bird Registration Fees and ASP Membership Status thru July 15, 8:59pm PT
Join us this summer and participate in our online, interactive Symposium to include live talks, panels, workshops, and discussions.
Invited communication experts and leaders will share best practices for improving public understanding and appreciation for science and the wonders of the cosmos.
Guest Plenaries, Session Speakers, and Topics:
3 Featured Plenaries, including:
Chris Impey and ASP CEO, Linda Shore
Communicating Astronomy in the World of Misinformation
Session Topics Include:
- Scientists Engaging the Public
- Communicating Astronomy to the Public
- Inclusive Public Science Engagement
- Public Engagement by Amateurs
- Eclipse Outreach On and Off the Path of Totality
- Bringing Modern Astronomy to the Public
- Science Denial & Misinformation
- Engaging Girls in Astronomy
- Visualizations in Astronomy
The target audiences for this Summer Symposium include:
- Science Communicators and Informal Educators
- Scientists and Science Educators
- Museum and Planetarium Educators
- Science Writers and Journalists
- Social Media and Traditional Media Experts
- Park Rangers and Youth Leaders
and more, from around the world!